(hereafter referred to as “CLIENT”)
FWCANADA Inc., a federally registered corporation, having its head office at 4030 Saint Ambroise, Suite 250, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4C 2C7, herein represented on her own account by Attorney Marisa Feil. (hereafter referred to as “ATTORNEY”)
1. ENGAGEMENT OF ATTORNEY
The CLIENT hereby agrees to engage the ATTORNEY in order to provide a Last Minute Travel Guide (hereafter referred to as “GUIDE”) with respect to the CLIENT’s inadmissibility to Canada. To be eligible for this service the client must be travelling to Canada within 30 days from the date of engagement and have insufficient time to prepare an application for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) or Criminal Rehabilitation. CLIENT has been advised that based on the information they provided in the context of a free consultation, they are inadmissible to Canada. CLIENT acknowledges that the requirement for entry is a TRP or Criminal Rehabilitation and does not have sufficient time to prepare these applications. ATTORNEY will provide CLIENT with a GUIDE including a list of recommended documents in an effort to facilitate entry to Canada. ATTORNEY does not provide any email/phone support nor review of documents given the short-time frame for travel. Advice provided in the context of the guide shall not be shared and remains the intellectual property of ATTORNEY.
Duties of Attorney
The ATTORNEY shall exclusively within the context of the GUIDE:
• Advise CLIENT as to what must be done in order to maximize their chances of being admitted to Canada – without providing advise on the TRP application;
• Advise CLIENT about the documents required and recommended to facilitate entry to Canada – without providing advise on the TRP application;
• Advise CLIENT on how to obtain the recommended documents by providing a document checklist – without providing advise on the TRP application;
Duties of Client
The CLIENT shall:
• Prepare all information and documentation requested by ATTORNEY in a honest, timely, and accurate manner;
•Provide sufficient documentation to support all claims, as advised by the ATTORNEY and/or by the Canadian Immigration Authorities;
- Disclose all information relating to any and all current or prior criminal charges and/or convictions in any country, any serious mental or physical health problems suffered by CLIENT and/or any of his accompanying family members, and prior refusals to enter Canada, unauthorized admissions, deportations from Canada or any other country;
•At the expense of CLIENT, supporting documentation shall be translated into English or French, if required;
• Follow ATTORNEY’s reasonable instructions; and
• Pay ATTORNEY all Fees set forth in the section herein below. CLIENT acknowledges and agrees that: it is his responsibility to ensure that the Fees arrive in full at ATTORNEY’s principal place of business; only ATTORNEY is authorized to issue receipt(s) for payment of the fees and that such receipt(s) will only be issued upon the deposit in trust by ATTORNEY; ATTORNEY shall only be obligated to CLIENT once the Fees are deposited in trust.
4. Attorney Fees
The CLIENT agrees to deposit the sum of USD 249 as a Retainer Fee to “FWCANADA INC. IN TRUST” immediately upon execution of this Contract. ATTORNEY is authorized to utilize the Retainer Fee to settle future invoices sent to the CLIENT for services rendered. This fee is non refundable.
The CLIENT agrees that the receipt of instructions, guides, emails and telephone calls or a combination of the aforementioned constitutes the receipt of services from the ATTORNEY.
FWCanada and ATTORNEY maintain no liability should the client be denied entry to Canada. CLIENT understands that based on the preliminary initial free assessment they are inadmissible to Canada and their entry to Canada is at the sole discretion of the Canadian Immigration officer.
Should CLIENT retain ATTORNEY for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) or Criminal Rehabilitation application as advised within one (1) year of execution of this contract, the aforementioned fees will be credited to the final installment of Attorney fees of the additional service.
This Contract shall be governed by the laws in effect in the Province of Quebec, Canada.
As the context may require, the singular shall include the plural and vice versa; words importing the masculine shall include the feminine gender and vice versa.
The parties acknowledge that they have requested that the foregoing be drawn up in the English language; Les parties reconnaissent qu’elles ont exigé que ce qui précède soit rédigé en la langue anglaise.