The Yukon PNP is one of Canada’s territories and it shares a border with the U.S. state of Alaska. Like the Northwest Territories the Yukon is not densely populated, which may mean that there are lots of opportunities for Canadian immigrants. The Yukon PNP has various programs under which an individual may qualify, such as those listed below.
The Yukon PNP Business Programs
Yukon Express Entry (YEE)
Candidates who are eligible to enter the federal Express Entry pool and are interested in living and working in Yukon may apply to the Yukon Express Entry stream (YEE). Yukon added an Express Entry stream to its existing immigration programs in March 2015. This stream allows the province to nominate individuals who are already in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Express Entry pool and who have the necessary education, skilled work experience, language ability, and other factors to help them settle successfully and integrate into Yukon’s labour market and communities.
Yukon PNP applicants with the intention of investing at least $150,000 CAD into a business venture in the Yukon may qualify under this program if they have the following:
• A minimum net worth of, at a minimum $250,000 CAD
• Made at least one visit to the Yukon before the submission of their application
• Have basic proficiency in English or French
• Have the required experience, skills and education to carry out their business plan
Foreign nationals who are professionals with the appropriate license and/or accreditation in the Yukon can practice their profession in an occupation where there is a labour shortage if the applicant has basic language proficiency. The applicant must also have visited the Yukon and demonstrate that they have knowledge of the Yukon’s social, economic and geographic climate. In addition, the applicant must have sufficient settlement funds to support themselves and their family for six months and prepare a detailed business plan describing their business venture.
Yukon PNP Skilled Worker Program
Individuals who have received a full-time permanent job offer in a skilled occupation from an employer in the Yukon may qualify for this program if they are qualified for the job (language skills, work experience etc.) and have the appropriate license and/or accreditation required.
Yukon PNP Critical Impact Worker
Individuals who have received a full-time permanent job offer in a low-skilled or unskilled occupation from an employer in the Yukon, may qualify for this program if they meet the following requirements:
• The applicant must have worked for the same employer offering the permanent position on a valid work permit for a minimum of six months prior to the application OR
• Obtain a minimum score of 55 points on the Yukon Nominee Program Pre-Assessment points grid
• Have sufficient settlement funds or support systems in the Yukon
• Have the skills and experience necessary to work in the position being offered
• Have basic English or French language proficiency
None of the aforementioned programs are available to refugee claimants.
For more information on this program or to find out if you qualify, contact FWCanada.