Some people may be hesitant to hire a foreign caregiver, but there are numerous benefits to choosing a foreign employee.
The most popular reasons cited for preferring a foreign caregiver are listed below:
- Foreign nannies, on average, charge minimum rates that are 12% lower than their domestic counterparts.
- Foreign nannies are generally more willing to live in the home, a more convenient option for many families.
- The presence of a new culture in your home could be a valuable, enriching experience, especially for families with children. A foreign caregiver could introduce new food, language, and cultural practices into the home, all of which are great perks for children and adults alike.
- You can have a more stable long-term commitment from a nanny whose express purpose for being in the country is to be a caregiver.
- This kind of stability is especially important for families with young kids.
- Nannies are experienced caregivers.
- Nannies will enable you to maintain a healthier work-life balance, and will likely increase the amount of quality time that you get to spend with your kids.
- Nannies are flexible and can adjust to a busy schedule.
- Caregivers can offer one-on-one attention that daycares cannot.
- Caregivers and daycares are similarly priced (especially with families enrolling more than one child in daycare).
- Nannies with special skills (music, art, singing, dancing, etc) can teach your children their talents and save you the hassle of finding another professional.
- Nannies can provide support year-round, whereas daycare/camp services may be seasonal.
Finding the right caregiver for your home is challenging. To stay up-to-date on the various immigration options that may be available to you, and to ask any questions you may have, fill out the form to your right or call us at +1 514-316-3555 for a free consultation.