(hereafter referred to as “CLIENT”)
FWCANADA Inc., a federally registered corporation, having its head office at 4030 Saint-Ambroise, Suite 250, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H4C 2C7, herein represented on her own account by Attorney Marisa Feil
(hereafter referred to as “ATTORNEY”)
CLIENT hereby agrees to retain ATTORNEY to provide legal counsel and representation in the application for Canadian citizenship, and ATTORNEY does hereby agree to provide such services, the whole subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Agreement”):
- ENGAGEMENT OF ATTORNEY
CLIENT hereby agrees to engage ATTORNEY to provide legal representation and to carry out the necessary activities with respect to CLIENT’s application for Canadian citizenship as per the currently published program requirements, this service shall be provided exclusively in Canada.
- DUTIES OF ATTORNEY
- Assess CLIENT’s qualifications, and advise CLIENT as to what must be done in order to qualify for Canadian citizenship;
- Assist CLIENT in the preparation of the relevant application form(s);
- Advise CLIENT about the amount of government fees required in support of CLIENT’s application;
- Advise CLIENT on the necessary evidence required to best represent CLIENT’s language proficiency, and civil status as per Canadian citizenship requirements;
- Review and analyze documents received in support of CLIENT’s application;
- Prepare a detailed cover letter as necessary, addressed to the appropriate government authorities, outlining CLIENT’s qualifications and supporting CLIENT’s candidacy for Canadian citizenship;
- Conduct final review of CLIENT’s documentation, ensuring it conforms to the requirements of the Canadian Government;
- Make additional written and/or oral representations to the Canadian office and/or other related Canadian Government agencies, as necessary.
- DUTIES OF CLIENT
- Provide ATTORNEY with all information and documentation requested by ATTORNEY and/or by the Government of Canada in a honest, timely and accurate manner. Failure to do so may result in an allegation of misrepresentation by the Government of Canada;
- Follow ATTORNEY’s reasonable advice in order to maximize eligibility;
- At the expense of CLIENT, supporting documentation shall be translated into English or French, if required;
- Disclose to ATTORNEY all information relating to any and all current or prior criminal charges and/or convictions in any country, any serious mental or physical health problems suffered by CLIENT and/or any of his accompanying family members, and prior refusals to enter Canada, unauthorized admissions, deportations from Canada or any other country;
- Ensure that all educational credentials claimed are complete, and have been obtained from an institution that is recognized and accredited by the governing body responsible for such accreditation in the country of issue or study, as the case may be;
- Be prepared to take and pass the Canadian citizenship exam;
- Provide sufficient documentation to support all qualifications claimed, as advised and requested by the ATTORNEY and/or by the Canadian Immigration Authorities;
- Submit all the relevant documentation after it has been verified and approved by the ATTORNEY;
- Acknowledge that all correspondence with the Government of Canada relating to the application for Canadian citizenship shall be done exclusively by ATTORNEY and CLIENT shall immediately inform ATTORNEY of any written and/or oral communication received by CLIENT from the Government of Canada;
- Attend all interviews if called upon to do so by Immigration Authorities. CLIENT is responsible for making all necessary travel arrangements at his or her own expense;
- Pay the fees required by the Canadian Government for the handling and processing of the application and for the required tests if applicable;
- Pay ATTORNEY all Fees set forth in the section 4 herein below. CLIENT acknowledges and agrees that: it is his responsibility to ensure that the Fees arrive in full at ATTORNEY’s principal place of business; only ATTORNEY is authorized to issue receipt(s) for payment of the fees and that such receipt(s) will only be issued upon the deposit in trust by ATTORNEY; ATTORNEY shall only be obligated to CLIENT once the Fees are deposited in trust; and
- ATTORNEY shall use best effort to obtain Canadian citizenship for CLIENT, but cannot guarantee success or timelines.
- ATTORNEY FEES
CLIENT agrees to pay fees as follows (the “Fees”):
– TO FWCANADA INC. IN TRUST: The sum of USD 1000 upon execution of this AGREEMENT by CLIENT to ATTORNEY. The ATTORNEY is authorized to release this sum from her trust account upon opening CLIENT’s file.
– TO FWCANADA INC. IN TRUST: The sum of USD 1000 immediately upon confirmation from ATTORNEY that CLIENT’s application is ready for submission or 30 days after execution of this Contract, whichever occurs earlier.
-TO FWCANADA INC. IN TRUST: The sum of USD 750 immediately upon receiving instructions to register for the citizenship exam.
Total Attorney fees = USD 2750
- This contract shall be governed by the laws in effect in the Province of Quebec, Canada.
- As the context may require, the singular shall include the plural and vice versa; words importing the masculine shall include the feminine gender and vice versa.
- This Agreement can be executed by one or more of the parties hereto in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be deemed to be an original, but all such counterparts shall together constitute one and the same instrument.
- The parties acknowledge that they have requested that the foregoing be drawn up in the English language; Les parties reconnaissent qu’elles ont exigé que ce qui précède soit rédigé en la langue anglaise.