(hereafter referred to as “CLIENT”)
FWCANADA Inc., a federally registered corporation, having its head office at 6600 Boulevard Decarie Suite 140, Montreal, Quebec H3X 2K4, herein represented on her own account by Attorney Marisa Feil.
(hereafter referred to as “ATTORNEY”)
CLIENT hereby agrees to retain ATTORNEY to provide legal counsel and representation in the application for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP), and ATTORNEY does hereby agree to provide such services, the whole subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Agreement”):
1. ENGAGEMENT OF ATTORNEY
CLIENT hereby agrees to engage ATTORNEY to provide legal representation and to carry out the necessary activities with respect to CLIENT’s application for a TRP; this service shall be provided exclusively in Canada. This contract shall be valid for 1 (one) year from its execution. After which, the fees will be credited towards a new application, if the work has not been executed within that time period.
2. DUTIES OF ATTORNEY
- (i). Assess CLIENT’s qualifications;
- (ii). Assist CLIENT in the preparation of the relevant application form(s);
- (iii). Advise CLIENT on the documents required in support of the application;
- (iv). Review and analyze documents received in support of CLIENT’s relevant personal history;
- (v). Prepare a detailed cover letter, addressed to the appropriate government authorities, outlining the reasons for CLIENT’s admissibility into Canada.
- (vi). Conduct final review of CLIENT’s application and related forms, supporting documents and Government of Canada processing fees;
- (vii). Submit CLIENT’s application package to the appropriate office and confirm its arrival;
- (viii). Make additional written and/or oral representations to the Canadian office and/or other related Canadian Government agencies, as necessary; and
- (ix). ATTORNEY shall use best efforts to obtain a TRP for CLIENT, but cannot guarantee success or timelines.
3. DUTIES OF CLIENT
- (i). Provide ATTORNEY with all information and documentation requested by ATTORNEY and/or by the Government of Canada in a honest, timely, and accurate manner;
- (ii). At the expense of CLIENT, supporting documentation shall be translated into English or French, if required;
- (iii). Disclose to ATTORNEY all information relating to any and all current or prior criminal charges and/or convictions in any country, any serious mental or physical health problems suffered by CLIENT and/or any of his accompanying family members, and prior refusals to enter Canada, unauthorized admissions, deportations from Canada or any other country;
- (iv). Acknowledge that all correspondence with the Government of Canada relating to the application for a TRP shall be done exclusively by ATTORNEY and CLIENT shall immediately inform ATTORNEY of any written and/or oral communication received by CLIENT from the Government of Canada;
- (v). Follow ATTORNEY’s reasonable instructions; and
- (vi). Pay ATTORNEY all Fees set forth in the section 4 herein below. CLIENT acknowledges and agrees that: it is his responsibility to ensure that the Fees arrive in full at ATTORNEY’s principal place of business; only ATTORNEY is authorized to issue receipt(s) for payment of the fees and that such receipt(s) will only be issued upon the deposit in trust by ATTORNEY; ATTORNEY shall only be obligated to CLIENT once the Fees are deposited in trust.
4. ATTORNEY FEES
CLIENT agrees to pay fees as follows (the “Fees”):
– TO FWCANADA INC. IN TRUST: The sum of USD 1000 upon execution of this AGREEMENT by CLIENT to ATTORNEY. The ATTORNEY is authorized to release this sum from her trust account upon opening CLIENT’s file.
Total Attorney fees = USD 1000 These fees are not refundable.
The CLIENT agrees that the receipt of instructions, guides, emails and telephone calls or a combination of the aforementioned constitutes the receipt of services from the ATTORNEY.
This agreement will have full force and effect for one year (365 days) from execution. If the services outlined herein are not utilized within that time period, additional fees may apply.
- (i). This contract shall be governed by the laws in effect in the Province of Quebec, Canada.
- (ii). As the context may require, the singular shall include the plural and vice versa; words importing the masculine shall include the feminine gender and vice versa.
- (iii). This Agreement can be executed by one or more of the parties hereto in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be deemed to be an original, but all such counterparts shall together constitute one and the same instrument.
- (iv). The parties acknowledge that they have requested that the foregoing be drawn up in the English language; Les parties reconnaissent qu’elles ont exigé que ce qui précède soit rédigé en la langue anglaise.