Newfoundland was the last province to join Canadian confederation. As it was its own country until fairly recently, it has a very unique culture and distinct society. It also has a variety of programs available to individuals with the intention of residing permanently in Newfoundland.
Newfoundland PNP Skilled Worker Stream
Applicants under this stream may qualify if they have a full-time permanent job offer from an employer in Newfoundland, requiring their unique specialized skills and can demonstrate that the wage offered meets the average standard for the position and location.
Newfoundland PNP Family Connections Stream
Citizens and Canada permanent residents who have been residing permanently in Newfoundland for at least one year may sponsor relatives they otherwise would not be able to sponsor under the Federal Sponsorship program. To qualify under this stream, the applicant must be able to demonstrate that the applicant:
• Is between the ages of 18 and 49 years old
• Has an offer of full-time permanent employment from an employer in Newfoundland OR has the intention/ability to obtain a job
• Has completed a post-secondary program of at least one year
• Have at a minimum one year of full-time work experience
• Has at least basic English language proficiency
• Have the necessary settlement funds ($10,000 CAD plus an additional $2,000 CAD for each accompanying dependent)
• Have a family member (other than those eligible for the Federal Sponsorship program) willing to sign an Affidavit of Support and sponsor their family member
Newfoundland PNP International Graduate Stream
This program is designed for foreign students who have completed a 2 year program at a Canadian college or university within the last two years and can demonstrate that they:
• Have a Post-Graduate Work Permit
• Have a full-time permanent job offer or a reasonable expectation of a job offer from an employer in Newfoundland OR be working in a similar full-time position, for which you anticipate to find employment
• Have the language proficiency and skills necessary to fulfill the job offer's requirements
• Have the necessary settlement funds
Newfoundland PNP Immigrant Entrepreneur Stream -This stream is currently under revision and not open for processing.
For more information or to ask a question, send FWCanada a message.