Manitoba PNP has a multitude of different immigration streams for which you may qualify. Three of the Manitoba PNP's its streams are priority streams; they are the Employer Direct Stream, the International Student Stream and the Family Support Stream. One of the unique features of the provincial nominee programs in Manitoba PNP is that they have a General Stream that does NOT require a job offer from a Canadian employer. Manitoba PNP's other immigration streams are for individuals investing in a business in Manitoba.
Manitoba PNP Employer Direct Stream
This Manitoba PNP stream is designed for those individuals who have been living and working (on a valid Canadian work permit) in Manitoba for a period of six months prior to submitting an application for Canadian permanent residence. Their employer must extend a full-time permanent job offer to the applicant to qualify. The employer must also be able to demonstrate that:
- They have made recruitment efforts and cannot fill the position with a Canadian permanent resident or citizen
- The salary offered meets the regional wage standard and is in compliance with any existing collective bargaining agreements, if applicable.
Manitoba PNP International Student Stream
This Manitoba PNP stream is designed for individuals who have graduated from, or completed/graduated completed at least a one year academic program from a post-secondary school in Manitoba. As this program is a priority stream, applicants must be currently working on a post-graduate work permit and have been offered a permanent full-time job offer from their employer.
**IMPORTANT** The Manitoba government has announced that applicants who have completed a two year academic program from a Manitoba post-secondary institution can apply for Canadian permanent residence under this Manitoba PNP streamprogram before they receive a job offer from an employer in Manitoba.
Manitoba PNP Family Support Stream
While there is a Federal Sponsorship stream for parents, children and spouses/partners, the government of Manitoba recognizes the need for its residents to sponsor not only their parents or children, but also their siblings, cousins, niece/nephew, aunt/uncle or grandparents. The applicant must sign an Affidavit of Support in order to sponsor a relative. To qualify for this program the person being sponsored must:
- Be between 21 and 49 years old
- Have completed, at a minimum, a one year post-secondary degree, diploma or program
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience within the last five years
- Have basic English or French proficiency so that they can be employed upon landing in Manitoba.
If you do not have a job offer from an employer in Manitoba you may be eligible for this stream, as a job offer is not required. This stream is a points-based system where an applicant is awarded points for age, education, work experience, language ability & adaptability. The passmark is 55 points for this program, and points are awarded differently from the Federal Skilled Worker program. In addition to meeting the passmark, the applicant must also have ONE of the following:
- A close relative or family member in Manitoba
- Affidavits for Support from two people, these people can be distant relatives or close friends who currently reside in Manitoba
- Have proof of completion of an education program at a school in Manitoba (language school programs are not eligible)
- Have at least six months of full-time paid work experience in Manitoba
Manitoba PNP business immigration
This program is designed for individuals seeking to become Canadian permanent residents on the basis of investing in a business in Manitoba. One of the advantages of this program is that the investment required is one of the lowest in Canada. In order to qualify under this program you must intend to invest in or establish a business in Manitoba and meet the following criteria:
- Have a personal net worth of at least $350,000 CAD
- Make an investment in a business in Manitoba of $150,000 CAD
- Be able to provide evidence of at least three years of business/management experience in a financially viable company
- Make a $75,000 CAD security deposit to the Government of Manitoba guaranteeing that the investment will be made within two years of obtaining Canadian permanent residence. The security deposit is refundable without interest once the investment has been made and the applicant resides in Manitoba.
Manitoba PNP Young Farmer Nominee Program
Manitoba seeks to attract young (under 40 years old) farmers who have experience and are interested in establishing a farming operation in Manitoba. In order to qualify for this program, the applicant must:
- Have a personal net worth of at least $150,000 CAD
- Make an investment in a farming enterprise in Manitoba of $150,000 CAD
- Be able to provide evidence of at least three years of farm management or ownership experience
- Visit Manitoba for a period of at least 7 days prior to applying
- Be under 40 years old
Manitoba PNP Strategic Recruitment Initiatives
This initiative allows the Manitoba PNP, or another ethnocultural community organization or regional economic development organizations, to support applicants seeking Canadian permanent residence through the province of Manitoba. In order to qualify, an applicant must have/be ONE of the following:
- A letter of invitation from the Manitoba PNP resulting from being eligible under one of their targeted promotional initiatives
- A dependant of an applicant nominated by Manitoba who does not qualify under the statutory definition of dependant (for example because they are over 22 or not enrolled in full-time studies)
- A letter of recommendation/support from an ethnocultural community organization or a regional economic development organization within the province of Manitoba, that assist in arranging and planning exploratory visits required by the Manitoba PNP.
For more information on this program or to find out if you qualify, call us or send FWCanada a message.