Quebec Experience Class
Individuals who have work experience in Quebec, or who have studied in Quebec, may be eligible for the Quebec Experience Class program through Immigration Quebec. This program is known in French as the Programme de l'expérience Québécoise, or PEQ.This program has some of the fastest processing times of all Canadian immigration programs.
All programs under Immigration Quebec require two steps for processing. First, an applicant is required to submit an application for an Immigration Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) and then submit an application to receive their Canadian immigration visa from the Federal government. The Federal government will only assess an application for security and criminal and medical background checks.
There are two streams under this immigration program, one for foreign students and one for foreign workers, they are described below:
The foreign student stream under the Quebec Experience Class requires that the applicant:
• Graduated from, or will be graduating shortly from, a school in Quebec Studied in a program of at least two years in length.
• Passed an intermediate level French language class in an accredited school in Quebec, if their program of study was not done in French.
The foreign worker stream under the Quebec Experience Class requires that the applicant:
• Completed at least twelve months of work experience in Quebec in a managerial, professional or skilled position within the twenty four months preceding the date of application.
• Are currently working and have a valid work permit in Quebec.
• Passed an intermediate level French language class in Quebec in an accredited school in Quebec or take a French proficiency test recognized by Immigration Quebec. Or, an applicant can demonstrate that they have met the French language requirements governing their professional order in Quebec.
Immigration Quebec has prioritized these types of applications and has indicated that processing times do not exceed one month to obtain a CSQ. Federal processing times for a Canadian permanent resident visa after the CSQ is obtained vary by Canadian immigration visa office. To find out more about this program, please fill out the form above.