The British Columbia Provincial Nomination Program (BC PNP) is geared towards fast-tracking the Permanent Resident application for experienced or skilled workers, business people as well as their family members who wish to settle in B.C. permanently.
You may qualify for 2 streams to obtain permanent residence:
- BC PNP Business Immigrants Stream
- BC PNP Strategic Occupations Stream
Business Immigrant Stream (3 subcategories)
Offers accelerated immigration for qualified and investment-ready entrepreneurs ready to settle in BC, and become permanent residents of Canada. The intentions of the BC PNP Business Immigration categories are to encourage and maintain job creation and sustainability and promote economic growth.
Business Skills Category
- A minimum net worth of CDN $800,000
- A minimum ownership of 1/3 of the equity of the business
- A business plan to create a minimum of 3 new jobs for Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents
- The skills and experience necessary, successful business experience, and an active on-going management role in the business.
- A minimum investment of CDN $400,000 to establish the eligible business
Regional Business Category
- A business project situated outside the Vancouver and the Abbotsford Metropolitan Areas
- A minimum net worth of CDN $400,000
- A minimum investment of CDN $200,000 for a qualified business
- Ownership of at least 1/3 of the equity of the business
- A business plan to create a minimum of 1 new job for a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- The necessary skills and experience to maintain an ongoing management role in the business
Strategic Projects Category
- Make a minimum equity investment of $500,000.
- Create at least three jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents in BC
- Validate a record of good business practices and successful business operations prior to coming to Canada
- Establish/buy and grow a business anywhere in BC
- Incorporate a Canadian subsidiary or register an extra-provincial company in BC to operate the proposed business.
- Demonstrate that the employees are qualified personnel who are essential to establishing or expanding and operating the proposed business in BC
- Sign a Performance Agreement with the Province of British Columbia.
Strategic Occupations Stream (5 subcategories)
An international graduate
- From a certified, accredited Canadian post-secondary institution.
A semi-skilled worker
- Tourism/Hospitality occupations, trucking occupations, and food processing occupations.
- Applications in the Skilled Worker category must have a job offer in an eligible occupation in skill type 0 or skill levels A, and B of Canada's National Occupational Classification Matrix (NOC)
International Post-Graduates Pilot Project
- International students who have obtained masters or doctorate degrees in the natural, applied or health sciences from eligible, recognized BC institutions within the last two years may apply even if they have not obtained a job offer from a BC employer.
A health care professional
- Mainly physicians, registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses, and midwives