HomeWork In CanadaIntra-Company Transfer

Intra-Company Transfer Canada Work Permit

This work permit is designed to facilitate the transfer of employees from a foreign-based company to a related Canadian company. The purpose of this type of visa is to encourage the transmission of knowledge from foreign senior-level or specialized-knowledge employees to Canada. There is a similar Intra-Company Transfer work permit available under the North American Free Trade Agreement, however under this category, foreign nationals from any country may qualify for an intra-company transfer Canada work permit. Another feature of this type of work permit is that in most cases the applicant will be entitled to have their spouse accompany them on an open work permit.

Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for an Intra-Company Transfer Canada Work Permit:

  • Have worked for a foreign company for at least one year on a full-time basis
  • Held a specialized knowledge position or in a senior or managerial position
  • Have been offered a position with a Canadian branch, affiliate or subsidiary/parent of the foreign company.

For more information, or to find out if you qualify for this type of work permit kindly fill out the form above.  

Go to top

Members Of:

Canadian Bar Association

Canadian Bar Association


Barreau du Quebec

Québec Bar Association



Quebec Immigration Lawyers Association

Let Us Assist You

Contact FWCanada online for a consultation. Reply within 24 hours.

Full name (*)
Please enter your name
Email address (*)
Invalid Input
Phone number
Invalid Input
Subject (*)
Invalid Input
Your question
Invalid Input
Antispam  Antispam  Invalid Input

Follow Us To Get Industry Updates and News

Facebook logo LinkedIn logo Twitter logo

Contact Us

TOLL FREE in North America :


International calls : +1.514.316.3555

Follow us on Twitter